Friday, April 16, 2010

A Recycled Gift Bow

I was perusing through some of my friend Carols favorite blogs and found a link to a blog named How About Orange. I had to check it out simply because I've taken a liking to orange as of late. The blog is amazing, featuring all sorts of crafty things that all seem easy enough for me to do. I've gotten a lot of ideas that I would like to try out from there. Getting to the point...he he.

I saw this great tutorial on how to make gift bows from magazine paper, and I love recycled items. I thought it looked easy enough so I tried it at work today. It seriously took about 5 minutes.


I know, her bow is orange and so is mine (if you didn't check the link then just believe me), however, there is a story to this. A few days after seeing the tutorial I was cleaning up at work and found this orange ad for Uncle Bens torn out from a magazine. It happens all the time, but I thought that it was perfect! I used a razor to cut the strips, staples, and tape....voila!

Just wanted to show this off, but if you really want to try it (and it is SOOO easy) please visit How About Orange. Night!

2 comments:

Carol Anne said...

The bow looks great! I had been meaning to try that tutorial too! That is perfect that you found an orange ad! :)

Kayla said...

Thank you! I thought the orange ad was like a sign. lol. I'm already starting to collect colorful pages for more bows! :)