Friday, June 25, 2010

Q & A Time

My friend Carol, over at That Is Charming has been kind enough to tag me to answer some questions! I'm starting to really feel like an accomplished blogger :)


Well, here are her questions for me, then I may do some tagging myself......or just decide to let all 4 of my followers tag themselves, lol!


1. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Well, it's weird because I really don't know the song that's stuck in my head....I had to look it up. The song is called "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo. It's not even the whole song, just the girls part where she says "what did she say?"....lol. I wish I could say I had a better one stuck up in my noggin....oh well. :)

2. What was the worst job you had?
The worst job I had was when I worked at BIG KMart. It wasn't that the job was horrible or anything, it's just that the working conditions weren't the greatest...like NO AC WHATSOEVER. They would give us box fans but they brought in hot air from outside since they were right by the door.....eh, could've been worse!


3. What is your favorite summer activity?
My favorite summer activity would have to be swimming. I don't get to do it a lot so I cherish it when I do. I really wish I could go swimming in the ocean again...


4. Where would you go if you could go anywhere today?
Locally - I would much rather be either home working in my garden or out at one of the local parks....probably the dog park. Then I would hit Sonic up for happy hour and maybe make a little trip downtown for a little browsing and thrifting.


Anywhere else - I would rather be in Hawaii, Tahiti, Jamaica, Florida, Michigan, anywhere in Europe, or Australia....There are a lot more places I would like to go, but I can leave that for another day, another questionairre... :)


5. What is something you would love to learn?
Needle felting! My friend Elizabeth from Sew Amore introduced me to it through a video on youtube. It is such an interesting way to create something! I think it would be a great way to make hair accessories and such...If I can afford to start doing that I will....and post about it!


6. Do you like thunderstorms or do you get nervous like I do?
Well, the night before last it was storming....I rather like it. The thunder scares the living daylights out of me, but the rain is very soothing.


7. Do you collect anything? If yes, what do you collect?
Well, when I was younger I collected marine mammal figurines....such as dolphins, manatees, and whales. I have recently started collecting sand as well...when we went to Hawaii I got some black sand along with a black, red, and white sand mixture (from a beach not too far from Oprah's home!), and I've had some friends bring sand from other places, like Pensacola Beach FL and Cozumel Mexico. Love it!


8. Tell us a favorite childhood memory.
One of the things I loved from my childhood was playing on my grandparents farm. They had cows, pigs, and chickens....it was such an adventurous place when I was a kid! We used to go out and explore the pastures and surrounding woods and even found an old abandoned barn! We had two "forts" which were really just a big cluster of trees where the animals wore out some good paths - one in the cow pasture and one in the pig pasture, where my sister and cousins and I would congregate and discuss what the days adventure would be. I always have great memories of the farm....I can't wait to visit my grandmother again so I can possibly do a little explorin'!


Well, that's quite a peek into my life. Thank you Carol for such wonderful questions! I guess I didn't have to give such big explanations, but I felt like a little trip down memory lane - if even for a short while - would be nice.

I'm leaving this to my fellow bloggers/followers, if you DO decide to answer these questions, let me know! Post a comment on here with a link to your blog and I will come check it out! I'm always looking for new blogs and this is a great way to introduce me to you as well!

♥kayla

3 comments:

Carol Anne said...

Loved your answers! Thanks for answering them!

I have a needle felting kit. I seriously think you need to come visit me. We could craft the whole time! well except for the time we are thrifting of course! ;)

Kayla said...

Thank you for posting them Carol! I loved this!

Girl, we really should get together! For one, it's been years, and for two we can get crafty! It would be nice to do a little thrifting as well :)

♥kayla

{eleise} said...

This is sooo fun! Great answers!!!

PS. Your challenge pages look great as well!!!