Monday, August 9, 2010

Question Time!


Have I ever mentioned that I am a horrible procrastinator??? Well, Carol from That Is Charming tagged me to answer some questions July 23rd, and I am just now getting to them....well, here goes nothing!


1. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Coldplay - Talk, I had to pull a customers vehicle around and she had the cd with this song in....now it's stuck in there!


2. What was the worst job you had?
Big KMart, my very first job. I guess it wasn't really the job but the working conditions. I worked there in the dead of summer and the AC ran but only seemed to cool part of the store. The checkout stands were right by the door and they gave us fans, but they only sucked in warm, sticky air from outside. Blech.

3. What is your favorite summer activity?
Swimming! I went a few weekends ago at Six Flags but I won't be able to go for a while because of my new tattoo! See the post below to see a picture!


4. Where would you go if you could go anywhere today?
I would LOVE to be anywhere near a beach, Hawaii seems to be my personal fave......although I am biased since the beaches there are the only ones I have seen in my 23 years of life. Exciting, right? The only stipulation to going there would have to be that I would like my mother, sister, and fiancee with me.....and of course some friends too!


5. What is something you would love to learn?
I would love to learn how to do needle felting! My friend Elizabeth at Sew Amore introduced me to this not long after we discovered that we were both bloggers! She saw that I was into making felt plushies and linked a video to me! It look SO cool!


6. Do you like thunderstorms or do you get nervous like I do?
OK......I like the wonderful, earthy aroma and how things seems to change around you when it rains, and the lightning can be so beautiful, but the thunder really scares me sometimes. It seems strange that I enjoy watching lightning but the sound of thunder scares me.....like it should be the other way around, especially since lightning can actually strike you, right? Just the sheer volume of the thunder sends chills down my spine and I want to go running like a little girl to my mommy for protection. So yeah, I get nervous.


7. Do you collect anything? If yes, what do you collect?
I don't consider my self an avid collector of anything really, but I do have a few small collections of things here and there. Since travelling to Hawaii I have found a love of collecting sand, just to serve as a small reminder, although I have taken plenty of pictures. I also collect buddha statues....there's just something about the happy buddha that really makes me smile. I have some small statues of marine animals (whales, manatees, dolphins, and sea turtles) from years ago when I thought I would start a huge collection.....then I decided that I didn't want to overtake my house with these items :) I really don't know if this would qualify as a collection or obsession, but have TONS of books. I would love to own a library like the one in Beauty and The Beast.....that's my inner child coming out :)


8. Tell us a favorite childhood memory.
Some of my fondest memories are of my grandma and grandpa's farm in Missouri and of my grandma's cabin in Michigan. Every time we used to visit my grandparents farm we would always go out to the pastures and do a little exploring, trying to find worlds of our own....or create them. We even found an old barn out past the cow pasture in the middle of some woods! Our grandmas cabin in Michigan was just as magical, it sat on top of a hill overlooking the Manistee River. You pretty much drove into the woods in order to get there and our only neighbor was Aunt May and Uncle Bob's Cabin, a 2 minute walk away. The last time we went there we befriended a pair of German Shepards who lived way down the road. We used to ride our bikes as far as their house and they would come hang out at the cabin most days, which made for good entertainment for us - I was 12 I believe. :)

I definitely didn't have many short answers to these questions and I would like to pose these questions to my readers, few but strong! If you decide to answer these questions post a link so I can see what you put up! Goodnight internetland.

♥kayla

No comments: