Monday, March 7, 2011

The Animal...


If you don't know, I am an avid lover of Dyson vacuums. I have never had the chance (read: money) to own a Dyson, but my husbands sister and brother both own one and they love theirs! I have had the chance to used theirs - thankfully - since we moved out in June since we do not currently have one. It has just made me want to get one more....and I have been telling Eli since we moved that my tax return this year will be going towards buying a Dyson. For our wedding, we ended up getting quite a bit of cash and we had just enough to buy a refurbished Animal that is available on Overstock.com.

I had been researching and reading review after review of the refurbished vacuums since I was a little leery of buying something like that used, and most of the feedback was good! There were a few bad ones but there are bound to be a few like that. I do believe most of them got things straightened out though. I ended up deciding on one of the newer models of the Animal, the DC17 - and it was on Overstock for $299.24 down from $314.99. I also chose to buy an additional 4 year warranty for $60 just to be safe. The day that I decided exactly what model I wanted wasn't the day I ordered the vacuum though, I had to deposit the money in the bank. I ended up doing that a few days later and then ordered it that night. I even got a drop in the price - it went down to $275.00! I also found an online coupon that gave my $12 off the total price! I was SO excited.

The day finally came - about 6 days later - and the vacuum showed up.....I put it together and then Eli pointed out that it wasn't the right one, that it was one of the earlier models. I checked to make sure I ordered the right vacuum and damn if he wasn't right....I ordered the wrong one. :( Luckily, Overstock.com made it easy for me by giving me a free postal label to send the package back. I repackaged it and then sent it off from work the next day. I received it in ten days, although it would have been seven if Thanksgiving hadn't fallen on that Thursday. Oh well, I just have to make sure to double check when I order again! Don't get too gung-ho and such.

I love this thing.....



This post was supposed to happen months ago but due to my computer getting a little cranky with me I am just getting around to posting it now.....

No comments: